Get involved in fundraising for Hope and Peace for Humanity! Check-out the list of ideas below and email
to have your work be featured on our website.
- Wherever you are in the world; you can have Restaurant percentage nights:
- Partner with a local business to get percentage of proceeds donated to Hope and Peace for Humanity.
- Make a donation in honor of someone
- Raise money for a challenge (e.g., “If I raise $2,000, I will…”)
- Organize an event with entrance fee or suggested donation (dinner party, film screening, themed party, talent show)
- We appeal you dedicate an event to Hope and Peace for Humanity: - - Ask your friends and family to support Hope and Peace for Humanity for your birthday, anniversary, coffee/bar drink, graduation, etc.
- You can also go Athletic sponsorship (family and friend fun run, half-marathon, marathon, bike race)
- You could probably Design and sell merchandise:
- Make your own Hope and Peace for Humanity t-shirts, bags, stickers, caps etc
- Perhaps you can have Letter writing campaign: Ask for donations from your friends and family.
- Organize a sports tournament (netball, volley ball, basketball, kickball, soccer, etc.)
- Go-without challenge:
- Give up something and donate the saved money to Hope and Peace for Humanity (ex. coffee, soda, chocolate, magazines) or you can as well organize a used book sale to support the works of Hope and Peace for Humanity.
- Organize a raffle
- Canning: Stand outside a grocery store or central location and ask for donations.
- Sell baked goods, coffee, hot chocolate
- Organize a walk-a-thon or read-a-thon
- If you are a high school or college student, consider starting a group and adopting your own grant profile to support Hope and Peace for Humanity! Email
for more information.
Promote Hope and Peace for Humanity through social media!
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter,
- Spread the word through your accounts:
- Get your friends and family involved in working and supporting Hope and Peace for Humanity with its works.
- Create a social media solidarity campaign. You can contact us for start-up materials
- Educate your friends and family about international development especially post conflict Northern Uganda recovery and development efforts and the work of Hope and Peace for Humanity.
- Mobilize and bring community members together to discuss a pressing topic in development and have group discussions on Hope and Peace for Humanity development programmes.
- Host a speaker on international development or
- Organize a film screening on international development in the intervention areas for Hope and Pace for Humanity and/or you can organize an awareness day/week.
HOPE AND PEACE FOR HUMANITY BOARD OF TRUSTEES (BOT)
Ms Lagum Idah Lumoro - Chairperson
Mr. Samuel Awanga - Vice Chairperson
Mr. Bernard Alana - Treasurer
Ms Lalam Vicky - Member
Mr. Tonny Okwanga - Member
Ms Jessica Anena - Member
Mr. George Okeny - Member
Mr. Patrick Doii - Legal Counsel
Godfrey Canwat - Executive Drector & Secretary to the Board
Denis Openy - Programme Officer
Lakot Christine Alice - Child Protection Officer/Mentor
Peter Lumoro - Training & Advocacy Officer
Leonard Ochaya - Finance & Administration Officer
Jannet Oroma - Social Worker
Jimmy Bob Oceng - Procurement & Logistics Officer
Vento Oyella - Field Officer
Lukumoi O. Richard - Monitoting & Evaluation Officer
Abraham Patrick - ICT/System Administrator
Madison Hammet - (University of Tennessee, USA)
Marunga Joseline - (Institute of Social Works and Development, Wakiso District, Uganda)
Kristina Marcotte - (SIT School of International Training, Gulu/USA)
Colleen Ryan - (Current Intern)